When writing articles here:
- Use Basic English vocabulary and shorter sentences. This allows people to understand normally complex terms or phrases.
- Write good pages. The best encyclopedia pages have useful, well-written information.
- Use the pages to learn and teach. These pages can help people learn English. You can also use them to make a new Wikipedia to help other people.
- Simple does not mean short. Writing in Simple English means that simple words are used. It does not mean readers want basic information. Articles do not have to be short to be simple; expand articles, add details, but use basic vocabulary.
- Be bold! Your article does not have to be perfect, because other editors will fix it and make it better. And most importantly, do not be afraid to start and make articles better yourself.
Powderfinger is a rock band from Brisbane, Australia. The band started in 1989. Powderfinger has five members; Bernard Fanning (sings, plays guitar), Darren Middleton (plays guitar), Ian Haug (plays guitar), John Collins (plays bass guitar), and Jon Coghill (plays drums).
After some extended plays (EPs) that sold quite well, and making one full album, Powderfinger became popular in Australia with their second album; Double Allergic. Their third album, Internationalist, was even more popular and made them celebrities. It sold over 350,000 copies. Odyssey Number Five was their fourth album and was released in 2000. It is their most famous album; it was sold overseas in the United States and Canada. Powderfinger's next two albums were not as popular as the earlier ones, but still got to number one on the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) charts.